Semi-permanent makeup, including lip blushing and permanent eyeliner, is available at Charleston Medical Spa.
Service length varies person to person. A consultation is recommended. Find more details on permanent makeup below.
What is Permanent Makeup?
You’ll work with our experienced esthetician to choose the perfect lip color or eyeliner look and walk out of the house looking great every day without having to apply a bit of makeup.
Aftercare tips will be provided to ensure that the ink takes and doesn’t cause infection or smudging. We are always available for questions and advice before, during, and after the procedure. Lip blushing and permanent eyeliner can last 1 – 3 years if protected from the sun.
What can I expect?
Does it hurt?
- Wash the area daily with a gentle cleanser.
- Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of color.
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid face-down swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
- Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area until scabbing has healed.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
The Phases of Healing
Overall, the healing process can take up to a month as it takes the skin about 30 days to regenerate. Therefore, the 30-day mark is when the true color will show itself. A touch-up appointment is needed 6 weeks after your initial appointment to make any adjustments.
How long will my permanent makeup last?
The pigments used for permanent makeup will fade over time, but touch-ups will keep it looking brand new. To ensure the best results, we recommend doing a touch-up after 6 weeks and then at intervals as required, typically once every 12 months.