You have decided to take the light approach to beautiful and younger-looking skin! BBL is a proven patient favorite to achieve beautiful skin! BBL delivers light energy to gently heat the upper layers of your skin. The heat absorbed by the targeted areas will stimulate your skin cells to regenerate. In addition, the light energy penetrates deep into the skin to boost your body’s natural ability to fight the appearance of aging. The result? Skin that’s naturally beautiful and visibly younger looking, year after year!
These instructions are intended to guide you through the pre and post-care treatment and get you on your way to naturally beautiful skin!
What To Do Before Your Treatment?
- Use sunscreen and physical sun protection
- Avoid extended sun exposure, i.e. beach, travel to sunny locations, sunbathing, sports outdoors.
- Do not use isotretinoin (Accutane) for at least 6 months
- Do not use retinol for at least 1 week prior to your treatment
- Inform your doctor of any medical conditions or medications you are taking that might sensitize you to light, affect would healing or affect coagulation.
What To Expect During Your Treatment?
- The procedure is gentle and safe.
- There is no need for a topical anesthetic, however, your clinician may choose to use it.
- Your eyes will be protected with safety shields or glasses.
- You may briefly feel a warm or rubber band “snap” sensation as the light is absorbed into the skin.
What To Do After Your Treatment?
- You may experience some redness in the treatment area that should resolve within a few hours.
- You may notice darkening of your pigmented spots during the first 48 hours after treatment, followed by followed by fading and
flaking off at a later stage.
- Follow your clinician’s aftercare plan until skin is completely healed – typically one week after the treatment. The skin on your
body might take longer to heal.
There is virtually no downtime after this non-invasive and gentle procedure. In most cases, you are able to apply make-up, return to work and resume most of your activities immediately.